Entrepreneurship Development Cell is being promoted in Rayat Bahra Group to develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture among students and to foster techno-entrepreneurship for generation of wealth and employment by the university students.
Objectives of EDC
To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Rayat Bahra Panipat Campus and to promote the objectives of EDC.
To foster better linkages between the College, Industries and R&D institutions in the region and other related organizations engaged in promoting Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) including NGOs and other Voluntary Organisations.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
Functions of EDC
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes in the region for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To develop and introduce curriculum on UG/PG degree courses of the Rayat Bahra Panipat Campus.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities (particularly in S&T areas and Service sector).
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies
- To organize guest lectures, TV & Radio talks, Seminars, etc. for promotion and growth
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.